I don’t know how some people live without a budget planner to track their money and keep their eye on their financial goals!
When it comes to setting up your budget it helps to have somewhere pretty to keep it and make it fun!
Budgeting doesn’t have to be boring and with no color. There are lots of monthly budget templates and budget planners that will keep you financially organized and enjoy it to boot.
We’ve sorted through the best budgeting planners to get you started on your financial journey.
By the end of this article, you will have plenty of options for the best budgeting planner specifically for you.
What Are Budget Planners?
Simply these records are generally planners with budgeting – in which you can write your budget out so you can keep track of money going in and out of your wallet.
It will help guide you through setting up your budget and keep you accountable as you go through month-to-month.
If you are new to budgeting these will be perfect for you. It is easy to get overwhelmed with starting budgeting and it helps to have everything laid out in front of you.
But the best budget planner for you depends on your needs, like how much space you want, if you want weekly sheets or monthly sheets, and so on.
The content that they have inside them will vary from where you buy them from, so we wanted to make a list of our best budget planners.
Why Should I Use A Budget Planner?
Managing your money is massively underrated. If you look at very rich people such as players in the NBA or NFL, plenty of them end up losing all of their money and going bankrupt.
More money does not equal good money management or that suddenly all of your money problems will go away.
It’s vitally important to make sure that you are using your money to give yourself the best life that you are able to.
This means making sure that your bills are covered, having some money to enjoy yourself, and making sure that you are covered for the future.
Budgeting will help you cashflow Christmas and birthdays, it will help you save up for your family vacation and have savings for retirement.
Now that you’ve learned the top reasons why you should snag a budget planner, here are some of our top picks for budgeting your finances!
1. The Budgeting Binder / The Savvy Couple
Our Easy to Use Budget Planner is a colorful budget of our creation! We wanted to make something that would be incredibly helpful for you on your journey.
We used our budgeting skills to pay off $25,000 worth of debt in 5 months and wanted to help you to do the same.
This binder that will help you to:
- Start a budget that actually works
- Track your spending
- Prepare for emergencies
- Pay off your debt
- Help you live a less stressful life
There are plenty of reviews for you to have a read through and see if it sounds like the budget planner for you. We have included everything that we believe will help you with your budgeting journey.
- The binder now comes with 80+ sheets for you to download!
- Includes essential sheets, like Monthly Goal Tracker, Monthly Expense Tracker, and Bill Payments Calendar- 12 copies for 12 months of successful tracking!
- Using a binder makes it more sturdy and durable to chaotic life (ahem, kids)
- DIY binders mean you can rearrange it as you want and move things around- you could even make a small binder or folder per month rather than have one binder for it all
- This is more DIY to put together
- You need a printer, binder, etc. as the sheets are digital downloads
- Larger size- binders aren’t as portable as small budget planners- it takes up more room, you can’t pop it into your purse on the go
2. The Extra Income Budget / The Money Fox
Cost: $19.50 for printable
OR $37.50 for a physical planner
The Extra Income Binder is from our friend Francesca over at The Money Fox. There are 2 different covers available – a spotted cover and a stripey cover.
This budget planner is set up with Francesca’s unique budgeting method in her signature pretty pink style.
There are 245 pages and this is available either in physical format or as a downloadable printable. It also comes with a handy guide for those who are new to budgeting, it’s a basic design that’s easy to follow.
Francesca paid off her debt as a single mom using this planner and went on to use it to budget for other goals such as saving for a house deposit and vacations.
The budget planner includes 4 budget sheets per month for those who are paid multiple times a month.
- You have the option of downloading it yourself and making your own binder OR you can buy the pre-made budget planner
- 245 sheets is great for people who have multiple streams of income
- If you don’t like pink, you may be disappointed- all the sheets have a pink color scheme, which I find adorable, but I know some people want more color variety
- 245 is also a lot of sheets to keep track of if you don’t have extra side hustles to manage money from- definitely geared more for multiple-income earners
3. BoxClever Press Budget Planner
BoxClever Press Budget Planner is one of the highest-rated planners with budgets on Amazon, so we are confident that this would be one that you’d like.
A bonus of this budget planner is that it has a hardback cover which should protect it – handy if you are taking it around in your purse with you everywhere.
It’s another one with a pretty, floral design that you will want to fill out. Another little feature that we like is that there are pockets inside that you can use to store your receipts.
- Simple layout, clear titles to track everything
- Durable case
- Smaller size available, but this one isn’t too bad either!
- Holiday tracking pages perfect for gift-givers
- 13 Envelopes for bills and other important documents
- Original option is “large”, can’t pop it into a small purse on the go
- Parts are pre-filled, which means less customizable options
- Small monthly calendar
- Small writing sections- if you have large handwriting, it may be difficult to use
- Doesn’t show any sheets for specifically tracking debts or planning debt reduction
4. Your Balanced Monthly Budget Planner / Kimberly Palmer
The creator of this budget planner knows her stuff – she is the former senior money editor for the U.S. News and World Report.
We love the shape of this planner as it’s easy to write in due to how long it is. The cover band is removable – it has a discreet design on the outside.
Inside the planner, you will find user-friendly monthly tables which let you record and manage your expenses by category, as well as see the big-picture impact of day-to-day decisions.
The daily trackers are especially well laid out – this would be a really easy way to keep on top of your spending.
- In-depth monthly tracker- the whole sheets are the days of the month with costs tracker ear day
- Thin, not too hefty for using, but the cover is still durable for wear and tear
- It has the expenses filled out, meaning you’re less likely to forget to track something!
- The boxed design can seem a bit overwhelming for newbies
- You also need to be more strict on writing in the right box, since it’s got 2 axes (date and expenses/incoming funds)
- It’s longer than other book-styled budget planners
5. BoxClever Press Budget Planner
If you do a search for the best budget planners, BoxClever Press Budget Planner will always come up.
This is the very popular Clever Fox Budget Planner which comes with a set of stickers.
It works best for those who are paid monthly and therefore do a monthly budget.
This stylish, updated budget planner includes 12 months of financial planning with pages for setting financial goals, monthly budgeting, expense tracking, and monthly reviews.
It is updated so that you can start at any time. It comes with a pocket to keep your receipts in.
If you want a simple planner that you can carry around with you each day, this could be the one for you.
- Stickers included! Stickers aren’t always important, but not many people like them for their budget planner
- Some parts are filled out (monthly expenses) but there is plenty of blank space for customization
- There’s a checklist section to make goals for yourself- or make reminders
- Mindmap section, financial goals sections- lots of sheets for long-term planning
- Small monthly calendar, may be difficult with some users
6. Mead Organizer Expense Tracker
If you aren’t sure where to start with budgeting then this could be the best budget planner to begin with, as it’s so simple.
Mead Organizer Expense Tracker focuses on expense tracking, which is one of the most important parts of any budget.
For those who want to keep all of their expenses in one place that’s easy to find it all together, this is for you (for example business expenses).
You can choose from either pink or purple covers for this planner. Another great touch that they’ve added is the fact that they give you a link to download more pages if you need them.
- Durable cover, with flaps to keep it closed too
- Larger size means more writing space
- Pockets for 12 months
- Monthly calendars plus checklists to keep you tracking
- Larger size means less portable
- Less color options
- Less sheets for extra goals/debt tracking- some users say you may run out if you have a lot of income/expenses to track for your family, especially around the holidays/birthdays
7. Limitless Mindset Budget Planner
Along with this budget planner you also receive cash envelopes, stickers, and a pen!
Limitless Mindset Budget Planner is a good beginner budget planner if you are after something which is simple and not too overwhelming.
The front cover is made of PU leather and it includes 2 thick front and back pockets perfect for bills, receipts, and money.
Each month is color-coded and every page is organized neatly to help keep you on track.
Looking through the reviews it appears that the debt tracking isn’t as good in this planner as it is in the other planners we’ve looked at, so this is something to bear in mind.
- 2-year budget planner, much more long-term (don’t need a new one every year, saving money already!)
- Lower cost option
- More space for writing
- Cash envelopes are included
- Stickers are small, but there aren’t many options for them- they mostly identify a few expenses and utilities, none for goals
- Some users say the pages rip easily, so the paper could be thin
- No instructions for the general book
- Only 2 pockets for papers/cash envelopes, can’t separate by month
- Less debt tracking pages- not the best budget planner for debt trackers
8. Ashley Shelly Budget Notebook
There are a few different cover options available for the Ashley Shelly Budget Notebook – black herringbone, blush stripe, floral, blueberry geo, and Chambray stripe.
I know budget planner isn’t in the name, but don’t panic! They just make it more like a notebook, but still comes with all the good stuff you want out of a budget planner.
The notebook will last for 13 months, 6 months, or 3 months depending on which budget you decide on.
The pages inside are:
- All Bills List/Annual Bills List
- Savings Tracker
- Financial Goals
- Purchase Wish List
- 13 Full Spread Layouts for Budgeting
- Debts Overview
- Debt Repayment Plans (7)
- Note Pages (5)
- Logins/Passwords List
We love the notes sections too, for writing down any thoughts that you have about your budget or spending.
- 3 different options for 3 months, 6 months, or 13 months
- Cute cover options
- Clear set-up with plenty of note space
- Only 7 sheets of Debt Repayment plan- may not be enough for some who have more debt to tackle
- No sheets for long-term goals, financial goals, or monthly calendars
9. Be Your Best You Notebooks
When I first looked at their range of products, I thought it was a bunch of cash envelopes. It’s actually a min budget planner, plus other trackers in different colors!
Be Your Best You Notebooks has options, which are great for those looking for something a bit different.
There are different planners based on what you want to track e.g. there are workout ones, habits, and sleep, etc.
We are looking at their budget notebook, which is a really easy-to-use system.
- Designated boxes for your monthly budget goals and expenses
- 13 monthly charts to track your daily expenses
- Printed on high quality 60# bright white forest friendly paper
- Monthly charts help you see your progress over time
- Flipbook style is small and portable
- Super simple for people who want to dip-toe into the budgeting pool
- Basic budget book is good for students, include a spot for books and tuition
- The Habit, Sleep, and Workout booklets could really benefit you!
- May be limited for those that want more from budget planners
- No sheets for debt, financial goals/plans, monthly calendars, or anything additional
10. GoGirl Budget Planner
GoGirl Budget Planner is one of our lower-cost options, and quite honestly more bang for its buck!
With this budget planner, you get sheets for debt payments, habit tracking, financial goals (per month!), and savings tracking pages in addition to monthly budget tracking.
The design is easy, customizable, and comes with thicker pages so they’re less likely to tear. They pride themselves on durability!
The size may be a drawback for some, but it’s great for moms on the go. You can track everything as you buy, which means you’re less likely to forget to actually use the budget planner!
The monthly goals and planning is very helpful to get you into better habits and know where you’re spending your money. And you can’t go wrong with a lo-cost option that has debt payment sheets, that’s what a lot of people need to add to their budget!
- Different colors available
- Affordable plus durable and portable!
- Comes with 2 bookmarks to keep track of your places
- Stickers are included! And they’re cute and functional
- Only 1 pocket for bills and papers
- No monthly calendar
- Less space for expense tracking, you may run out of room you have extensive records
11. Erin Condren Petit Budget Planner
Erin Condren Petit Budget Planner is a stylish way to get into budgeting! Not only is it cute, but it’s also affordable, so you’re already making wise-spending choices by grabbing this budget planner.
We like that the Month At A Glance page gives you plenty of space to plan your month, though the expense sheet can be a bit small for some of us with a big family.
It’d be perfect for a beginner or college student, easy to follow and sections are clearly labeled if you don’t know where to start with your budget.
The Petit Planner includes:
- 12 months of budgeting
- Expense, Debt, & Bill tracking sheets
- A sheet of stickers- over 100 stickers!
- Inspirational quotes will keep you motivated!
- 4 options for the cover- stylish compared to other planners
- Month at a glance page can be helpful for some (replacing the monthly calendar mayhaps?)
- Stickers included!
- Summary sheets/sections, Upcoming bills section, and more help plan in advance- more big picture and long-term!
- Not as durable as some of our other top picks
- Lacks monthly calendars, for big picture budgeting
- Only 72 pages, which can be a bit more limiting
- Only 1 half pocket for pockets
So many people are living paycheck-to-paycheck, with no savings in the bank and struggling to overcome debts.
Well no more! We want you to reach your financial goals and have financial freedom, and a budget planner can get you there.
We think these are the best budget planner options out there, with not only great looks but also great sheets to manage your finances. You can start tracking your everyday expenses without a hassle- it’s conveniently all in one place!
We even created our own so you guys would have another pick, meaning you have so many opportunities to keep track of everything in simple ways.
Budget templates have so many benefits, just look closely and think about what features you value when you think about tracking your money.