Now we all know that love is more important than money, but let’s face it — whether we like it or not, money is what makes the world go ’round.
And because of that, it’s pretty important that everyone should put in some solid effort to get their head wrapped around how money works. But that is sometimes easier said than done!
One really easy way to start to get a good understanding of money is to spend some time reading money quotes from some of the experts. That’s because they’ve obviously mastered money and how it all works, as proven by their net worth, and they’re pretty good by now at putting things into more simple terms so that anyone can understand.
So long as you always remember what might arguably be the most important money quote of all time – “money can’t buy happiness” – then honestly you’ll do just fine in life!
Other Hot Money Reads:
- 15 BEST Personal Finance Books That You NEED To Manage Your Money Right!
- 52 Week Money Challenge: Save $1,378 This Year (+ Free Printable)
- 15 Money Tips Dave Ramsey Wish Everyone Knew Sooner
- 7 Easy Steps That Will Make You Stop Living Paycheck to Paycheck
We have found great insight from these quotes, and have even found quotes from the Bible about money that have improved our understanding of money and relieved of us some stress!
Making Money Quotes
You can’t even DO anything with money until you MAKE some money. So be smart with what you earn!
1. “Never spend your money before you have earned it.” – Thomas Jefferson
2. “Many folks think they aren’t good at earning money, when what they don’t know is how to use it.” – Frank A. Clark
3. “It’s not about how much money you make, but how much money you keep, how hard it works for you, and how many generations you keep it for.” – Robert Kiyosaki
4. “A wise person should have money in their head, but not in their heart.” – Jonathan Swift
5. “Money is multiplied in practical value depending on the number of W’s in your life: what you do, when you do it, where you do it, and with whom you do it.” – Timothy Ferriss
6. ” Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.” – Thomas Edison
Empty Pocket Quotes
Not having any money is probably even less fun than the feeling of fighting hard to earn it.
7. “Many people take no care of their money till they come nearly to the end of it, and others do just the same with their time.” – Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
8. “Happiness is not the mere possession of money; it lies in the joy of achievement, in the thrill of creative effort.” – Franklin D. Roosevelt
9. “Empty pockets never held anyone back. Only empty heads and empty hearts can do that.” – Norman Vincent Peale
10. “The real measure of your wealth is how much you’d be worth if you lost all your money.” – Unknown
11. “You must gain control over your money or the lack of it will forever control you.” – Dave Ramsey
12. “Rich people have small TVs and big libraries, and poor people have small libraries and big TVs.” – Zig Ziglar
13. “Don’t tell me what you value, show me your budget and I’ll tell you what you value.” – Joe Biden
14. “Wealth after all is a relative thing since he that has little and wants less is richer than he that has more and wants more.” – Charles Caleb Colton
Inspirational Quotes About Financial Problems
Something we all dread but many of us face are financial struggles. But you’re made of strong stuff, so don’t quit – fight for a better life!
15. “Courage is being scared to death, but saddling up anyway.” – John Wayne
16. “The successful warrior is the average man, with laser-like focus.” – Bruce Lee
17. “Develop success from failures. Discouragement and failure are two of the surest stepping stones to success.” – Dale Carnegie
18. “It’s how you deal with failure that determines how you achieve success.” – David Feherty
19. “He who loses money, loses much; He who loses a friend, loses much more; He who loses faith, loses all.” – Eleanor Roosevelt
20. “It’s good to have money and the things that money can buy, but it’s good, too, to check up once in a while and make sure that you haven’t lost the things that money can’t buy.” – George Lorimer
21. “If money is your hope for independence you will never have it. The only real security that a man will have in this world is a reserve of knowledge, experience, and ability.” – Henry Ford
22. “I’m a great believer in luck, and I find the harder I work the more I have of it.” – Thomas Jefferson
23. “Every time you borrow money, you’re robbing your future self.” – Nathan W. Morris
Quotes About Saving Money Wisely
Saving money really IS a bit of a learned skill, sadly. Make sure that both your head and heart are in the right place to make the most of your savings efforts!
24. “The having of saving is itself an education; it fosters every virtue, teaches self-denial, cultivates the sense or order, trains to forethought, and so broadens the mind.” – T.T. Munger
25. “Before you speak, listen. Before you write, think. Before you spend, earn. Before you invest, investigate. Before you criticize, wait. Before you pray, forgive. Before you quit, try. Before you retire, save. Before you die, give.” – William A. Ward
26. “When you understand that making, saving, and spending money is all based on the thoughts you’re thinking and the actions that these thoughts lead to, you can completely transform your reality – and your bank account.” – Jen Sincero
27. “Look at our society. Everyone wants to be thin, but nobody wants to diet. Everyone wants to live long, but few will exercise. Everybody wants money, yet seldom will anyone budget or control their spending.” – John C. Maxwell
28. “Greed is not a financial issue. It’s a heart issue.” – Andy Stanley
29. “To have done anything just for money is to have been truly idle.” – Henry David Thoreau
30. “A penny saved is a penny earned.” – Benjamin Franklin
Proverbs About Money And Happiness
You didn’t really think it was just in recent times that we all starting promoting saving money, spending less, etc, did you? Even the Bible tells you to be good with your money and use it a certain way – here is your chance to learn if you don’t believe me.
31. “Joyful is the person who finds wisdom, the one who gains understanding. For wisdom is more profitable than silver, and her wages are better than gold.” – Proverbs3:13-14
32. “Better to have little, with godliness, than to be rich and dishonest.” – Proverbs 16:8
33. “Lazy people are soon poor; hard workers get rich.” – Proverbs 10:4
34. “Some who are poor pretend to be rich; others who are rich pretend to be poor.” – Proverbs 13:7
35. “The poor are despised even by their neighbors, while the rich have many ‘friends.'” – Proverbs 14:20
36. “The rich and poor have this in common: The Lord made them both.” – Proverbs 22:2
37. “Don’t wear yourself out trying to get rich. Be wise enough to know when to quit.” – Proverbs 23:4
38. “Give freely and become more wealthy; be stingy and lose everything.” – Proverbs 11:24
Funny Money Quotes
Money is just the worst, isn’t it? Enjoy a good laugh and lighten the mood. You can do this!
39. “A successful man is one who makes more money than his wife can spend. A successful woman is one who can find such a man.” – Lana Turner
40. “Most people work just hard enough not to get fired and get paid just enough money not to quit.” – George Carlin
41. “People say that money is not the key to happiness, but I always figured if you have enough money, you can have a key made.” – Joan Rivers
42. “You loan your friend money. You see them again, they don’t say nothin’ ’bout the money. ‘Hi, how ya doin’? How’s ya mama doing?’ Man, how’s my money doin’?” – Chris Tucker
43. “The safest way to double your money is to fold it over and put it in your pocket.” – Kin Hubbard
44. “A bank is a place that will lend you money if you can prove that you don’t need it.” – Bob Hope
45. “If you think nobody cares that you’re alive, try missing a couple of car payments.” – Earl Wilson
46. “If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.” – Unknown
47. “I’m so poor I can’t even pay attention.” – Ron Kittle
48. “People are living longer than ever before, a phenomenon undoubtedly made necessary by the 30-year mortgage.” – Doug Larson
49. “I’m spending a year dead for tax reasons.” – Douglas Adams
50. “What is the difference between a taxidermist and a tax collector? The taxidermist takes only your skin.” – Mark Twain