Are you looking for a comprehensive bookkeeping course? Read our Bookkeeper Launch review and see how it can help you start a successful bookkeeper business.
Formerly Bookkeeper Business Launch, Bookkeeper Launch is an online course that takes you step-by-step through everything you need to know to start your own successful bookkeeping business or a bookkeeping side hustle.
Plus, you’ll get access to a private Facebook group where you can ask questions and get support from other entrepreneurs just like you.
In this review, we’ll discuss the pros and cons of this course and who it’s best suited for.
Bookkeeper Launch Overview
Bookkeeper Launch (Bookkeeper Business Launch) offers a comprehensive, self-paced online course covering everything you need to know about bookkeeping, from the basics to more advanced concepts.
The bookkeeping course is designed for those interested in learning bookkeeping and those who already have bookkeeping experience but want to improve their bookkeeping skills.
One of the great things about the course is that it includes lifetime access to all the materials.
Bookkeeper Launch students can go at their own pace, on their own schedule, and revisit any topics they need to review.
In addition, there are community forums and support available if you need help.
Bookkeeper Launch Review
Who Is Bookkeeper Launch For?
Bookkeeper Launch is a course designed for people who want to start their own bookkeeping business.
The course covers everything about becoming a bookkeeper– from setting up your business to marketing.
The course is self-paced, so you can work at your own pace and finish at your convenience.
Whether you’re looking to start a full-time bookkeeping business or want to offer freelance services to clients, Bookkeeper Launch can give you the tools you need to get started.
What Are People Saying About Bookkeeper Launch?
One of the things you want to look at before spending a lot of money on a course is the reviews. Are people happy with what they’re learning? Are they getting results?
When we looked at the reviews for Bookkeeper Launch, we found that the Bookkeeper Launch reviews are primarily favorable.
People praised the Bookkeeper Launch course for its comprehensive nature and self-paced format.
They felt like it was comprehensive and easy to follow. Many said they had started making money after taking the course and implementing what they learned.
Better Business Reviews
“This program truly prepares you for success as a new business owner in both teaching you the technical, hard skills but also the soft skills necessary for success. They are so supportive of your journey, and it is overall very well done. An example truly to all other education companies.” Sendin B
I wouldn’t have dreamed of being able to do this but I started this year and I’m already close to making 1K a month! God bless the found and the other rockstars who help me truly Launch! My experience (and income) will only go up from here, but I couldn’t have done it without Bookkeeper Launch.” Lissette C
Here is a review from Reddit.com in response to a question about Bookkeeper Launch.
“I just completed the course and don’t feel it’s a scam at all. I wondered too before signing up, but I have learned so much and the fb group is invaluable. It’s truly a wonderful program as a resource.
It won’t get you clients, but you’ll know what to do (kind of) when you do get clients. What you don’t know you can ask about online or refer to the training videos. I truly enjoyed the program and am better prepared for clients because of it.” – SubieGal9
Is Bookkeeper Launch Accredited?
Yes, the Better Business Bureau accredits the company that owns Bookkeeper Launch and gives it an A+ rating.
At this time, Bookkeeper.com (Bookkeeper Launch company) has not received accreditation from any other accrediting organization.
Is There A Free Option To Check Out?
Yes, Bookkeeper Launch offers three free classes to see if owning a bookkeeping business is right for you!
We signed up for the free classes and were very impressed. The information and quality of the videos are excellent.
The instructors are knowledgeable and engaging. Ben Robinson brings out points to make you think about your own business.
If you’re thinking about starting your own bookkeeping business, we recommend checking out the Bookkeeper Launch free workshop.
The free classes are a great way to test-drive the course and see if it’s a good fit for you.
What does Bookkeeper Launch Cover?
Now Bookkeeper Launch has a few sections to study, plus some other good bonuses you should check out:
Section 1 – 21st Century Bookkeeping Skills
The first section of the course covers the bookkeeping knowledge and skills you need to start a successful business.
It starts with the bookkeeping hierarchy and builds on the foundational elements and transactions.
Then it moves to the financial statements and finally to interpreting and advising the client about the reports.
You’ll be shown how to take a financial mess with multiple bank accounts and put it into a neat, organized report for your client.
Here’s how the 1st section breaks it down:
- The 21st-century bookkeeping skills to wow your clients in today’s competitive online business market
- The duties of online bookkeepers in today’s business environment
- The three most important financial statements: balance sheets, income statements, and statements of cash flows
- The best way to analyze data and deliver financial cash flows and income statement reports to your clients so they will be impressed
- A proven system for “cleaning up” a client’s books
Section 2 – 21st Century Clients
The second section shows you how to get the clients for your new bookkeeping business. After all, as the course syllabus says, “great skills without clients isn’t a business, it’s a hobby.”
Here’s what is included in this section:
- What is the difference between busy and breakthrough marketing efforts, and why should you put in as much effort as possible?
- How to discover your “ideal target market.”
- How to understand what your client is looking for
- Learn the #1 mistake people make with their business card
- A look at the three stages of professional relationships and how to swiftly go from one stage to the next.
- Word for word scripts to help you sound professional, likable, and confident at networking conferences and sales calls.
- The keys to looking confident in a professional setting (even if you are terrified inside)
- The secret to crafting a marketing and sales message that will make clients want to work with you.
- The most effective method for discovering new, high-quality consumers who will be eager to hire you is through referrals.
- The 10 rules of pricing
- How to Make Proposals That Your Potentials Clients Will LOVE (And Purchase From)
Section 3 – 21st Century Business Systems
For businesses to be successful, they need business systems, but you don’t have to figure it all out by yourself.
In this section, you’ll learn how to set up systems in your business to run like a well-oiled machine.
Here’s what is included in this section:
- How to start and manage your bookkeeping business from scratch to live the 3F lifestyle
- Money and people management knowledge as a business owner (versus an employee)
- Proven “business launch” checklists and templates to ensure that you’re ready to press the “GO!” button with your company
- Process for getting more done with the “The Breakthrough Framework”
- 21st-century virtual bookkeepers’ secret “lifestyle management” tricks
- How to start your bookkeeping firm without spending all of your money on startup expenses
- A list of essential tools and equipment that may assist you in running a successful bookkeeping company
In the Resource section, you also gain access to the Bookkeeper Launch “Resource Libraries,” including how-tos, templates, and technological recommendations.
You’ll also find the Profit Maximizers bonus. They show you additional services to offer to your clients to add more value to your services for your clients and also maximize your profits!
Here’s what you get access to in the Resources section:
- Proposals, Engagement Letters, and other essential marketing materials that are tested and proven templates to help be confident in your sales process
- Results-Oriented Checklists for your key systems to make sure you don’t miss any important details
- Interviews with successful students on how they overcame key challenges in their path, so you don’t have to
- Learn how to use these learning strategies for even greater success with your bookkeeping studies
- All library materials are based on what’s currently working for the most active and successful bookkeeper
- Recommendations for custom software and tools to help you run a virtual bookkeeping company efficiently and enjoy your free time more
- Quizzes, tests, and finals exams will all be used to demonstrate that you have the knowledge required
Private Coaching Group
With the Pro Level course, the Exclusive Members-Only Community membership is included.
A private coaching group is included with the Premiere Level course. Also included in the package are eight Group Coaching Sessions.
This part is called the “Power Units” since they have shown to be the power levers that enable your future business to reach new heights.
They help you go from looking for your next client to becoming a client magnet, as long as you follow the instructions provided in these lessons.
- The tried-and-true follow-up procedure ensures that no one gets left behind.
- How to start up conversations and turn connections into money without spending additional time or effort
- Use this email handshaking template to have clients clamoring to contact you.
- How to utilize your referral partners as a secret sales force that brings customers to you
- Use a niche to double your earnings while working half the time.
- Niche power-sheets to manage the study and findings and define a niche.
- How to Develop Your Bookkeeping Expertise as a 21st Century Bookkeeping Professional
It is not necessary to have a degree or accreditation to run a bookkeeping business.
Although it isn’t needed, the Bookkeeper Launch Certificate of Completion will give you an edge over your competition when you start freelancing or start a business as a bookkeeper.
After you’ve completed the course and examinations, you’ll be able to access this digital badge and printable certificate.
You may proudly show off your certificate to indicate that you’ve passed the Bookkeeper Launch exam and have become a 21st-century bookkeeper.
How much does Bookkeeper Launch Cost?
There are three levels of the Bookkeeper Launch course that is available. Each level of the Bookkeeper Launch cost is different.
You can choose from the Pro, Premier, or Team versions of the course.
For anyone looking to start a bookkeeping business, the Bookkeeper Launch cost may seem like a significant investment.
However, when you consider the potential return on investment, the cost is actually quite reasonable.
The course teaches everything you need to get started in your online business, including step-by-step instructions, templates, and supporting materials.
If you are an active duty service member, a retired service member, or their spouse, you are eligible for a 30% military discount through Launch Bookkeeper.
To prove your eligibility, you need to supply a copy of your orders (if you are on active duty) or a DD214 if you are retired military.
You may not be sure if starting a virtual bookkeeping business is right for you. Or maybe you’ve been in business for a while and are struggling to find clients as an online bookkeeper.
If so, I highly recommend signing up for the FREE workshop. Once you sign up, you’ll have instant access to the three videos.
Details: Bookkeeper Launch offers a Free 3 Lesson workshop to get you started in bookkeeping!
You can also sign up for their email list to get access to exclusive content and resources and receive updates on new courses and special offers.
Bookkeeper Launch Pro
After the free lessons, the first package of the Bookkeeper Launch program is called the Bookkeeper Launch Pro. Let’s break down the cost and give you some details.
Cost: Bookkeeper Launch Pro costs are $2,499, or you can pay in 12 monthly installments of $249. You can save $489 with 1 payment in full.
Details: The pro version of the course gives you a good bookkeeping foundation with unlimited access and updates to all the materials and an exclusive members-only community.
You’ll also receive a certification upon completion of the course.
- Bookkeeper Launch System
- Resource Library Access
- Bonus #1: Hacks & Facts
- Bonus #2: Profit Maximizers
- Access to the Exclusive Members-Only Bookkeeper Business Launch Community that has the most successful online bookkeepers in it.
- Unlimited Access & Updates
Bookkeeper Launch Premier
The Bookkeeper Launch Premiere package is the following available package and is more expensive than the Pro version. It’s a much quicker method to become a successful online bookkeeper.
Cost of Bookkeeper Launch Premier: $2,999 or 12 installments of $299 a month. There is a savings of $589 if you make 1 payment in full.
Details of the Bookkeeper Launch Premier package:
- Everything in Pro plus
- 8 Group Coaching Sessions on anything bookkeeping business related
- Unlimited Open Mic Sessions
- Fastest Path to Success
- Led by Ben Robinson, who owned his own CPA firm and sold it in 2014
Bookkeeper Launch Team
Next is the Bookkeeper Launch Team package. It is the most expensive of the three-course packages.
It teaches you how to build a team with other online bookkeepers to attract high-quality clients.
Cost: The Bookkeeper Launch Team costs one payment of $4,999 or 12 payments of $499. You can save $989 if you make one payment in full.
Details of the Bookkeeper Launch Team:
- Everything in Premier plus
- The Marketing Machine
- Outstanding Processes & People (OPP)
- Exclusive “Elite” Community of Bookkeeping Entrepreneurs
- 2 Knowledge Licenses for your team members (Bookkeeper Launch Skills)
Money-Back Guarantee & Other Discounts
Bookkeeper Launch (Bookkeeper Business Launch) offers a money-back guarantee to ensure that you are satisfied with the course.
If you are not happy with the course for any reason, you can receive a full refund within the first 30 days. “No Questions Asked!” This guarantee allows you to try the course without any risk.
Bookkeeper Launch Pros & Cons
- Credibility– The course is taught by Ben Robinson, who is a well-respected Certified Public Accountant with over 20 years of experience.
- Accreditation– Accredited by the Better Business Bureau (BBB) with an A+ rating.
- Extensive Course Material– The course includes over 60 units of content and templates, checklists, and other supporting materials.
- Lifetime Access & Updates– You will have lifetime access to the course material and future updates.
- 30-Day Money-Back Guarantee– If you are not satisfied with the course, you can receive a full refund within the first 30 days.
- Payment plans– The course offers several payment options to make it more affordable.
- Cost– The cost of the course may be a deterrent for some people. However, when you consider the value of the course, it is actually quite reasonable.
- You need to be self-motivated- The course is self-paced, so you need to be disciplined and motivated to get through all the material.
- Length of time to finish the course– The course is comprehensive and will take some time to complete. It will take approximately 90 days to finish the course.
Before starting the Bookkeeper Launch review, we wanted to answer some quick questions about bookkeepers.
What is a bookkeeper?
A bookkeeper is somebody who helps businesses keep track of their finances. A few of the tasks a bookkeeper does is recording income and expenses, preparing financial statements, and filing taxes.
Are bookkeepers in high demand?
Yes, bookkeepers with good bookkeeping skills are in high demand. It’s a fun job you can start easily, but that doesn’t mean the competition will make it impossible to get bookkeeping jobs.
A good place to start looking for online bookkeeping is the Steady app, under the high-demand section.
How much do bookkeepers get paid?
The pay for bookkeeping jobs is pretty good. According to Indeed, the median annual salary for bookkeepers was $31,970.
However, salaries can vary depending on experience, education, and location. In general, bookkeepers with more experience and higher levels of education can expect to earn higher salaries.
Can I start learning for free?
Yes, you can start learning for free. The Bookkeeper Launch course offers a free workshop.
They give you a free look to see if it’s the right fit for you and if you want to try to start a profitable bookkeeping business. You’ll have access to the first three course videos during this trial.
So is Bookkeeper Launch legit? Yes, it is a legit and helpful course, and it’s been helping people across the country start their bookkeeping businesses.
The course has been around under a different name, Bookkeeper Business Launch, but the name change has come with updates and great features to better your business strategy.
Overall, I was very impressed with the Bookkeeper Launch course. The course is well-organized and easy to follow. The materials are top-notch, and the support is excellent.
You’ll be able to start your business working from home in no time after taking this course.
If you’re serious about starting a profitable bookkeeping business, I highly recommend checking out Bookkeeper Launch and starting a fun job as a bookkeeper.
P.S.: If you’re not sure if this course is right for you, remember – they offer a free workshop to get you started.