Do you love movies and consider yourself a “movie buff”? What if I were to tell you that you no longer had to pay to go to the movies?
Well, believe it or not, you can actually get paid to watch videos, movies, and ads!
But for doing some simply mindless video watching you can make some great money.
In fact, if you are serious about it you can get paid upwards of $500 per month for simply watching videos and movies at home.
1. Get Paid To Watch Videos & Movie Previews ($200+/Month)
If you have been reading our blog for a while you have heard us talk about InboxDollars.
We have mentioned them in the past pointing out that you can make money taking surveys with them. But did you know you can also get paid to watch movie previews, celebrity videos, news and a plethora of other videos?
Sounds pretty good right? Well, it gets better! When you sign up you will earn a $5 sign up bonus.
To get started you just select a playlist of videos to watch. These playlists range anywhere from a few minutes to up to a half-hour and you need to watch the entire playlist to get paid. Inboxdollars will let you know how long a playlist will take ahead of time. This is great so you are fully aware before you get started.
This is a great side hustle you can do just about anywhere there is internet. If you don’t have internet there are plenty of ways to get free internet access.
The potential to earn is $200+ per month, you just have to put in the work.
You can get started by watching these videos now.
2. Earn Close to $100 Watching Videos and Ads While You Slack Off At Work
Seriously, you can get paid to watch videos while you are already at work. #DoublePay
Swagbucks is also known as being a paid survey company, but they also offer payouts for watching videos. You are not going to earn as much as InboxDollars, but there are many more categories to choose from such as entertainment, travel, home, etc.
Since you might be at work or trying to multitask here is a great hack: open up the videos on a new tab in your browser, turn the sound off, and let them play in the background.
After you set up an account, you can also download the Swagbucks mobile app and watch videos on your phone. This is great because once you get them started you can literally set your phone down and continue doing what you were doing (working, cooking, cleaning).
You can earn close to $100 a month watching these videos on Swagbucks.
3. Make a Some Cash Watching Videos in Your Spare Time
Yup, yet another company that will pay you to watch videos. Mypoints has a daily cap on videos you can watch so you are going to make significantly less than the other two.
With Mypoints there are a bunch of extra ways you can make money such as taking surveys, shopping online, reading emails, and searching the internet.
Like InboxDollars you can earn a $5 sign up bonus by just signing up.
4. Earn up to $30 Per Day Watching Movies With “In-Theater Checks”
How would you like to get paid to go to your local movie theater, collect some data, and watch a movie for free? Well, now you can by landing a part-time gig with Market Force Information.
Theaters and movie studios want to collect data about the audience that attends their movie premieres. Things they are looking for include how many people buy tickets on opening day, what screen times are most popular, and what previews are being shown before the movie starts.
The best way for them to collect this data is through third-party evaluators. This is where you come into play by becoming a movie premiere secret shopper aka a “theater checker”.
If you live in the U.S. or Canada then you are eligible. Also, the application is short, sweet, and easy to fill out.
Once you get approved as a theater checker you land any of these potential tasks:
- Trailer Checks: Present your Letter of Authorization to theatre management to watch and record all trailers on all screens shown prior to the assigned feature.
- Open Checks: Present your Letter of Authorization to theatre management to count the patrons attending the showtimes of the assigned feature, and collecting box office information at the end of the day.
- Blind Checks: Covertly counting patrons attending all showtimes of the assigned feature on the assigned day.
- Advertisement Checks: Watch and record all advertisements shown prior to the feature.
- Sneak Checks: Present your Letter of Authorization to theatre management to watch a sneak preview of an upcoming release, collecting reactions and demographic information.
- Comprehensive Checks: Present your Letter of Authorization to theatre management to collect a variety of information on new releases: Patron counts, ticket prices, sound and visual quality, trailers shown, etc.
The pay for these tasks ends up being around between $10-$20 per hour which is awesome considering you also get a free movie out of it.
5. Land a Job With Netflix and Get Paid
Clearly, if you are serious about getting paid to watch movies you should totally check out job openings with Netflix. Who wouldn’t want to work for an exciting fast-growing company like Netflix?
With a large variety of careers and locations all around the world, you have lots of options to pursue.
You can check out all the job opening with Netflix here.
Get Paid to Watch Videos in Your Spare Time
If getting paid to watch videos, movies or ads does not sound like your cup of tea you can always find plenty of other ways to make money online. I think the important lesson is understanding there are tons of ways to make extra money in the world that we live in.
Remember earning extra income gives you more freedom to do the things you love.