Proofread Anywhere $497
Tools and Features
Ease of Use
Proofread Anywhere empowers individuals to pursue flexible and rewarding careers in the field of proofreading.
- Free Workshop – which leads to a course discount!
- Easy to follow manner
- Self-paced course, with no time limitations
- Lifetime access to the course
- The general proofreading course has many extras in addition to lessons
- Proofread Anywhere’s private Facebook group
- Realistic examples and coursework to apply to your own business
- Lessons can be reviewed at any hour of the day or night
- Some of the material may be redundant for experienced proofreaders
- The cost of the Plus package may be a lot of investment for beginners
- It may take time to complete the course; this is all up to your timetable
- No money-back guarantee
Proofread Anywhere is a course that teaches word nerds how to hone their skills and turn their proofreading prowess into profit.
But just like everyone else, I’m sure you are wondering if Proofread Anywhere is legit and worth your investment.
Yes, Proofread Anywhere is a great investment!
As someone who has worked as an editor and proofreader for over 10 years, I can tell you that this course provides everything you need to start your career as a proofreader.
Caitlin Pyle is an excellent instructor and provides clear, concise instructions on how to become a successful proofreader.
The lessons are easy to follow and the exercises are helpful in practicing what you’ve learned.
I highly recommend this course to anyone interested in becoming a successful proofreader.
You can join her FREE proofreading workshop below to learn more and get started as a proofreader today.
Proofread Anywhere Review 2023
What is Proofread Anywhere?
Proofread Anywhere is an online proofreading course that promises to teach students to become professional proofreaders.
The course is broken down into several modules, which include topics such as grammar, punctuation, and style guides.
In addition to the instructional modules, Proofread Anywhere also offers a Facebook group for students, a job board, and a Q&A forum.
Proofread Anywhere is designed to take you from a beginner who can catch obvious mistakes to an expert at proofreading who can find even the most minor errors hidden within any author’s writing style.
The course goes over everything from the basic definition of proofreading to which tools you need to get started.
It even includes 20 lessons with short exercises on each one and multiple assignments that will help you create and perfect your proofreading skills.
It teaches you how to make money with your newfound talent. Caitlin goes over everything you need to know about finding proofreading gigs, and she even offers you a client list of where to start.
You can start by taking this FREE Proofreading Workshop to get an introduction to your future successful proofreading business.
Who is Caitlin Pyle?
Caitlin Pyle is the creator of Proofread Anywhere, “a busy proofreader-turned-blogger who loves teaching other word nerds how to turn their proofreading prowess into profit.”
Pyle’s experience as a corporate proofreader for court reporters inspired her to create Proofread Anywhere in 2014 to show others how she grew her proofreading business into a successful business.
Who is Proofread Anywhere For?
Proofread Anywhere is designed for anyone who loves reading, spotting errors, and wants to learn how to proofread (whether they have experience or not).
The course is designed for individuals who want to start their own proofreading business, freelance proofreaders needing some refreshers, and anyone who wants to learn more about proofreading.
Is Proofread Anywhere Right for You?
Ultimately, that depends on where you are in your proofreading journey and what you want to get out of it.
Total beginners who have never proofread before will find the general proofreading course especially helpful as it starts from the basics and builds from there.
People looking for a side hustle that you can do in your spare time will find the course helpful, as will people looking for a career change.
If you’re looking for a course to teach you how to become an expert in proofreading and willing to put in the time and effort to complete the modules and assignments, then Proofread Anywhere could be a good fit for you.
Experienced proofreaders looking to take their proofreading skills to the next level may also find the course helpful, but they may find that some of the material is redundant.
How Much Do Proofreaders Make?
Proofreaders’ salaries depend on several factors, including experience, location, and the type of work they’re doing.
Proofreading is typically a freelancer business idea- so the more you work, the more you get paid. Some sites will tell you what they’ll pay, whereas some job boards will let you set your rates.
Entry-level proofreaders can make around $30,000 per year, while the average proofreader makes $32,000 per year, and experience proofreaders can make upwards of $60,000 per year.
For proofreading jobs, editors and proofreaders earn an average of $20 – $33 an hour. The average hourly pay for proofreaders with experience is $26 an hour.
How Much Does Proofread Anywhere Cost?
Ignite includes lifetime access to the general proofreading course, which has modules and general lessons.
It teaches essential proofreading abilities used in real-world situations and is applied to common proofreading challenges you may face when you start a proofreading business.
Ignite Plus: $597
Ignite Plus includes lifetime access to the general proofreading course as well as the following features:
- A hand graded exam
- A certificate of completion
- A listing on the Self-Publishing School (SPS) Preferred Outsourcer Rolodex
- Membership of a private graduate marketing mastermind Facebook group
Ignite Plus is the one that I personally recommend. You really get the most for your money compared to other proofreading courses.
You get a lot of extra benefits like the certificate of completion and will see a better return on your investment (ROI)!
*Note – If you go through the FREE Proofreading Workshop you can save $100 off at checkout!
Proofread Anywhere Course Material
General Proofreading: Theory and Practice
- 40+ lessons in 9 modules
- 8 grammar-specific worksheets
- Bonus resource guides for all types of service-provider markets
- 40+ real-life example jobs
- Student workbook and syllabus
- Pep talk videos from the course owner
- 8 module quizzes
- 100-question in-depth vocabulary quiz
- 3 case studies
- How to Find Your Ideal Clients Guide e-book
- The Complete Beginner’s Guide to Building Your WordPress Site e-book
- New and updated lessons
Proofread Anywhere General Proofreading: Theory And Practice Course Modules
Proofread Anywhere is absolutely packed full of helpful information! I can’t stop singing its praises.
I’ve never taken a course that is so thorough and easy to follow, and lifetime access is very important to me as well, so I can always review the lessons and keep up to date on new proofreading trends.
The modules are set up to complete at your own pace, and there are quizzes at the end of each one to ensure that you understand the material.
The bonus books and resources are an incredible value-add, and the group on Facebook is a great place to find support from other proofreaders.
The General Proofreading: Theory and Practice course material is broken up into 9 main modules:
- Module 1: Introduction to General Proofreading – You’ll get a clear picture of what proofreading is and isn’t and the abilities required to be a great proofreader. This overview will explain who requires a proofreader, what skills you’ll need to succeed, and the differences between proofreading and editing/copyediting.
- Module 2: Get into the proofreading mindset – You’ll find out what kind of mentality is required for success as a freelance proofreader, how to develop it, and how to apply it with our new and unique Professional Proofreader’s Mindset workshop. You’ll also learn about the many sorts of markets you can specialize in as a proofreader and the industry’s common jargon.
- Module 3: Proofreading basics – This lesson goes over the most frequent mistakes you’ll need to look for as a freelance proofreader. Then you’ll be prepared to put your abilities to the test with the practice worksheets!
- Module 4: Proofreading methods + practice – You’ll discover four different proofreading methods with in-depth lectures and tutorials to master the techniques. Learn how to make these proofreading methods work best for you, and then put what you’ve learned to good use with sample practice tasks.
- Module 5: Turning proofreading into a business – Learn how to establish your firm with our in-depth, fully up-to-date website-building guide, including how to develop your resume and pricing. You’ll discover everything you need to know about establishing a resume and website.
- Module 6: Looking for jobs – One of the most exciting parts of your new job will be finding customers. You’ll learn how to use proven approaches for finding clients and approaching them and advice on how to set yourself up for success. Caitlyn’s new eBook from this course, How to Find Your Ideal Clients, will guarantee that you find clients who respect you.
- Module 7: Your workflow – You’ve got a job. Now what? Learn how to be a master of your word, bill customers for your services, and develop a reputable name so that more customers wish to do proofreading business with you.
- Module 8: Getting the most out of the freelancing life – Congratulations! You’ve made it to the end. In the new lesson, you’ll learn how a typical proofreader organizes their day and how to gain confidence in your job as a freelancer. The newest lesson on project management tools will help you stay organized and efficient throughout your projects.
- Module 9: Concluding lessons – In Module 9, you’ll put together all the information you’ve acquired throughout the course. It’s your chance to get out there and give outstanding service while being yourself. Take everything you’ve learned in the course and go forward with it and earn money.
Bonuses Included In Proofread Anywhere Course
There are several bonuses included in The General Proofreading Course:
- Look Better in Writing Handbook of Commonly Misused (and Abused!) Words — This book has a 57-page handbook of commonly misused words and a 100-question workbook to help you learn how to use them correctly.
- The Ultimate Freelancer Tax Guide — It’s a tax guide that will help you figure out the tax consequences of starting your own firm.
- The Mindset Mastery Guide — It’s a handbook that will help you get into the proper frame of mind in your proofreading career by overcoming impostor syndrome, letting go of the past, and conquering your dread of obtaining new clients.
- 5 Mindset Shifts for Goal-Crushing Confidence — The book discusses additional mental shifts that may help you obtain the confidence to pursue your ambitions in your proofreading career.
- Level 1 Beginner Basecamp of the Transcript Proofreading course is included as a free extra and is an introductory course into transcript proofreading rather than general proofreading. This training will teach you how to transcribe and proofread documents written from audio content.
- The Money Mindset Transformation workshop and workbook are included in the Second Super Bonus. This course is meant to help you get past your money blocks by teaching you how to think differently about money.
Our Experience With Proofread Anywhere
This is our honest Proofread Anywhere review, and we do recommend this course because of the great experience we and others have had.
If you check our other Proofread Anywhere reviews, you’ll find some different experiences and details, but it all comes down to the same answer- you should take the course!
Kelan and I have been following Caitlin Pyle’s Proofread Anywhere course for a while now, and we’ve found it extremely helpful.
The Theory and Practice modules get your on track from start to finish, teaching you how to proofread and then actually go out and get clients.
The online course is laid out logically, step-by-step, and Pyle is always available to answer any questions.
We would definitely recommend Proofread Anywhere to anyone looking to start a proofreading business.
Trustpilot Reviews: Proofread Anywhere
Proofread Anywhere has been consistently praised by its customers, with an impressive 4.5/5 rating from 60 reviews on Trustpilot, so you can trust they’re providing top-notch services!
Other Reviews Of Proofread Anywhere
Want more than just our word for how great the Proofread Anywhere Course is?
Our Proofread Anywhere Review is our honest opinion, but I know sometimes you need a bit more encouragement that’s not just words on the screen.
People have been reviewing Caitlin’s course since the beginning, and old students leaving glowing reviews are what convinced us to take Proofread Anywhere, too.
Since you may want a Proforead Anywhere review, a student’s honest thoughts, we found a few testimonial videos for you to check out:
Is there another Caitlin Pyles course besides the General Proofreading course?
Yes, there is more than just a general proofreading course if you’re looking for other money-making opportunities.
The Transcript Proofreading Course is another online course by Caitlin to start a different proofreading profession.
We’ll just briefly introduce it here, but if you’re interested in learning more, we suggest checking out the full course description for Transcript Proofreading.
Transcript Proofreading Course
After completing the Proofread Anywhere Course and the Level 1 Beginner Basecamp of the Transcript Proofreading course (included as a bonus above!), you may be interested in taking the full Transcription Proofreading Course.
The Transcript Proofreading Course is an online course to become a transcript proofreader and it’s another great career option to work from home and at your own pace.
It teaches you how to proofread medical and legal transcripts, with basics such as marking up transcripts, learning general formatting, and more.
Plus, it also comes with lifetime access, of course!
Transcript Proofreading Theory and Practice is broken down into modules and lessons, and here’s a quick breakdown for you to check out:
Level 1: An Introduction to Court Reporting and Transcript Proofreading
- Module 1: Introduction to Transcript Proofreading
Level 2: Jumpstart
- Module 2: The Nuts and Bolts of Transcripts
Level 3: Next Steps
- Modules 3, 4, and 5
Level 4: Launch and Earn
- Modules 6 and 7: Business Correspondence & Procedures
- Module 8: Marketing
- Module 9: Your Success Mindset
The entire Transcript Proofreading Course doesn’t have to be purchased at one time. It can be purchased by level after you have completed and passed the test for the previous level.
If you think transcript proofreading sounds like the career for you rather than general proofreading, you can also check out Cailtin’s free mini-course here!
Is Proofread Anywhere legit? Is it a scam, or is it worth the money?
Proofread Anywhere is legit and will do everything it promises to get your business off the ground.
The course is easy to follow, and like any other class you’d take, you need to read and practice to incorporate the skills into your profession.
Like any other thing in your life, you get what you put in, as you’re learning the necessary skills at your own pace.
If you want an introductory lesson in proofreading, Caitlin for a FREE workshop to check out before buying the full course load.
Why should I take the Proofread Anywhere course to learn about proofreading?
Proofread Anywhere is an online proofreading and editing course that can help you learn the skills you need to start your own freelance proofreading business.
Professional proofreaders teach the course with years of experience, and it covers everything from basic grammar skills to how to market yourself as a proofreader.
Plus, there are a variety of bonus resources available, including a proofreading online job board and a private group on Facebook for students.
If you’re looking to improve your proofreading skills or are interested in starting your own freelance business, Proofread Anywhere is the course for you!
What is proofreading, and what do proofreaders do?
Proofreading is a process of reviewing written material to find and correct mistakes in grammar, punctuation, spelling, and style.
It’s a great way to make money from home and have flexibility with your schedule and even your pay rate.
Proofreaders must have a keen eye for detail, read and understand text quickly, and have excellent grammar skills.
A degree isn’t necessary for proofreading professionally, but you must be familiar with the basics of proofreading, like general English language rules. This is why many people turn to proofreading courses.
What’s the difference between Proofreading & Editing?
Proofreading is the process of checking a text for spelling, grammar, and punctuation mistakes.
This includes making sure that all the words are spelled correctly, that there are no incorrect or missing punctuation marks, and that the grammar is correct.
Editing is making changes to a text to improve its readability, accuracy, and style.
It may involve correcting errors, improving the writing flow, and ensuring that the language used is appropriate for the audience.
Editors may also make suggestions for changes that could be made to improve the clarity or impact of the writing.
Why should I become a proofreader?
Proofreading is a great way to make money fast, as there are so many job opportunities, and the work is relatively easy to do.
As a proofreader, you’ll be responsible for reviewing the work of others for spelling, grammar, and punctuation mistakes.
You don’t need to have an English degree or be a professional proofreader to become successful as a proofreader.
Proofreading is a skill that can be learned, and many online resources can help you get started.
One of the best things is that the work can be done from anywhere in the world. It will put you on the road to making more money as a proofreader.
You can work on your own schedule, and you don’t need to have any prior experience or training.
Plus, many online proofreading jobs are available, so you can find something that fits your skills and interests.
Is it worth taking proofreading courses, or can I be a proofreader without taking courses or getting certified?
I think for most career paths, it’s worth taking an online course, whether it’s for proofreading, bookkeeping, freelance writing, or anything else.
Taking an online course is one of the best ways to gain experience in a field you’re new to, and the cost of a course usually pays itself back once you start getting clients.
If you’re worried about the cost of online courses, you can still launch your career with the certificates or anything on your resume/job profile.
However, some new proofreaders find it can be slow going since they don’t have a certificate to back them up. Having a certificate usually instills more trust with clients when you’re a beginner.
If cost is your main drawback, you can always take the free workshop and think about it first before you commit.
And even if you start your career first and then find you’re struggling to land clients, you can take Proofread Anywhere at any time to improve your business.
Does Proofread Anywhere have a sale or coupon code I can use?
If you want to buy the Proofread Anywhere course from the official website, at this moment in time, there is no sale or coupon code available.
However, Caitlin has mentioned that she sometimes runs a promo where people can get a discount on the course price. So keep your eyes peeled for those!
The best way to get started is by taking Caitlin’s FREE Proofreading Workshop, where you can get a sneak peek into the course plus get a discount for the full course.
You can sign up, get a feel for the lessons and course, and even decide if proofreading is the right career for you.
But better yet, you get a discount when you sign up after the workshop!
What is transcript proofreading, and how is it different than general proofreading?
Transcript proofreading is one specific form of proofreading.
Transcription itself is someone listening to audio files and typing what they hear.
But people make mistakes, and someone needs to review their work for accuracy- plus make sure that the content is something people can read and understand.
That’s where transcript proofreading comes in.
You may need to also listen to the audio to know what’s going on in the content, but you mainly need to check for errors and see what doesn’t make sense.
Other Work-From-Home Career Options
Proofreading is a great option for many people, but it’s not the only one. Other work-from-home options available can be just as rewarding and beneficial.
These other options include working as a bookkeeper, virtual assistant, or transcriptionist.
Each option has its pros and cons, so it’s important to do your research before deciding which one is right for you.
Many work-from-home side hustle ideas does not require any upfront investment or overhead costs.
You can start offering your services to clients and begin earning money right away.
Here are a few other ideas to get you started:
Bookkeeping is a great way to earn money from home, and the work is relatively easy to do.
As a bookkeeper, you’ll be responsible for recording financial transactions and managing the books of a company or individual.
You don’t need to have an accounting degree or be a professional bookkeeper to become successful in this field, but you can take courses like the FREE workshop from Bookkeeper Launch to get started.
Plus, there are many online bookkeeping jobs available, so you can find something that fits your skills and interests.
Transcription is a great way to work from home while being able to stay at home with the kids.
You can set your own hours, and the work is relatively straightforward. All you need is a computer and internet access.
You can work when they are napping or playing and take breaks whenever needed. It’s also a great way to use your skills and knowledge.
Many transcription companies provide work online, and most have excellent training programs.
They will teach you the basics of transcription, how to use the software, and how to find work.
Just like Proofread Anywhere, Caitlin offers a comprehensive course called Transcribe Anywhere to teach you about launching a successful transcription career.
And for this course, you can take a mini-course for free to see how you like it!
A virtual assistant, or VA, is a person who provides administrative, technical, or creative assistance to clients from a remote location.
VAs work with a wide range of clients, including business owners, entrepreneurs, and executives.
They typically provide customer service, bookkeeping, website maintenance, and social media management.
If you’re interested in becoming a virtual assistant, the $10K VA’s FREE workshop is a great place to start.
Final Thoughts – Is Proofread Anywhere Worth the Cost?
As you can see from our Proofread Anywhere review, we think it’s a great way to learn how to be a proofreader and start making money at home!
You can start with the FREE workshop and take Proofread Anywhere to solidify your business and ensure it has successful growth.
The course provides you with all the tools and resources you need to succeed in this field, from lessons and exercises to a thriving online community of fellow proofreaders.
The bottom line is that Proofread Anywhere is an excellent course that can help you take your proofreading skills to the next level – and earn a good income in the process.