Transcribe Anywhere is a transcription course that can help you start your own business and make money from home.
You’ll learn how to transcribe audio files, format transcripts, and start your own transcription business. The course is self-paced, and you can check out the free mini-course to get started.
So if you’re ready to start your money-making business, check out our Transcribe Anywhere Review to learn more about this course.
Transcribe Anywhere Review: At A Glance
- The courses are written by Janet Shaughnessy, who is a professional transcriptionist and owns Zoom Transcription Services
- Transcribe Anywhere offers 2 courses- General Transcription: Theory & Practice and General & Legal Transcription
- Each course is priced individually or as a package
- There’s a free mini-course to give you a taste of the full General Transcription course
- Each Transcribe Anywhere course can be taken separately
- The courses are self-paced and will take about 2-6 months to complete
- You get access to the course forever and never pay for any updates
- You get a certificate when you pass the final exam
- Receiving certification can help you get transcription jobs that pay more!
- There is an active Transcribe Anywhere Facebook community that gives students support
What Is Transcription?
Transcription is turning spoken words into written text. It involves listening to audio recordings and typing out what is being said.
It can be an essential tool for businesses, as it allows them to capture the conversation and convert it into a written format. This can be useful for legal proceedings, medical records, corporate meetings, or other conversations.
There are a few types of transcription:
- General Transcription
- Legal Transcription
- Medical Transcription
Why Start A Transcription Business?
Overall, if you are looking for a rewarding and flexible career path that allows you to work from home and capitalize on your unique language abilities, starting a business may be ideal.
Transcription is a booming industry with many potential clients, from individuals to large corporations.
There are many reasons why starting your own transcribing business might be a good idea:
- More people are relying on transcriptions. The transcription industry is growing rapidly as more and more businesses rely on audio and video file transcriptions.
- Good source of income. Becoming a freelancer and doing transcription work can be a great source of income and flexibility.
- Freedom to set schedule. Whether you work as an independent contractor or run your business, you will have the freedom to set your schedule and control the types of clients that you take on.
- Relatively low cost to get started. Starting a home-based transcriptionist business is relatively low cost– all you need is a computer and some transcription software.
- Transcription can be done from home. Transcribing can be done remotely. It’s an excellent option for people who want to work from home in the general, legal, and medical transcription fields.
- Opportunity to use your specialized skills. Additionally, as a transcriptionist, you’ll also have the opportunity to utilize your specialized skills and knowledge of your language.
What Do You Learn?
In Transcribe Anywhere, you will learn to transcribe audio files quickly and accurately.
The course curriculum is comprehensive and includes lessons on different transcription techniques and hands-on practice exercises to help build your skillset.
It covers transcription basics, including listening for keywords and phrases, how to type quickly, distinguish between multiple speakers, and edit your work for errors.
You’ll also learn more advanced techniques, such as using punctuation to indicate pauses, shorthand to take notes, and special symbols to denote unclear words or sounds.
By the end of the course, you will be able to transcribe audio files with speed and accuracy and start earning money each month.
Transcribe Anywhere Course Info
The Transcribe Anywhere Course material covers a lot of information in a self-paced manner.
The course is comprehensive, and each section builds on the other sections.
The course material is divided into modules, and each module contains several lessons. The lessons are task-based, so you will learn by doing transcription exercises.
Let’s look at each of the courses offered by Transcribe Anywhere.
The Free Mini-Course is a great way to get started with transcription and see what the paid course offers.
It’s free, so there’s no risk, and you can get started immediately!
The 7 lessons are offered in the FREE course are:
Lesson 1- Take a look at what transcription is and why it’s such an in-demand skill in today’s digital world.
Lesson 2- Discover who hires transcribers, what it takes to become one, and why you should be one.
Lesson 3- They debunk the most prevalent misconception about transcription: Discover what the whole truth is!
Lesson 4- Here are the top 10 criteria to look for before determining whether transcription is the right fit for you and how to improve your chances of success.
Lesson 5- You’ll learn how much you can earn as a transcriptionist in this lesson and what affects your earnings as a transcriptionist.
Lesson 6- Not sure where to find work? This lesson tells you where to find transcription jobs with the best job placement agency.
Lesson 7- In the last lesson, they give you a recommended list of the equipment you’ll need for transcription work. They also give you an invitation to start the full Transbride Anywhere course.
General Transcription Course Material
Transcribe Anywhere Costs:
- General Transcription: $797.00
- General Transcription & Legal Transcription: $1297.00
- Both Courses + Website & Support + Live Access to the Transcribe Anywhere Team: $3997.00
The General Transcription: Theory and Practice course is the foundation for anyone who wants to get into transcription.
The General Transcription Course comprises 6 modules, each with a lesson plan, and a Bonus at the end.
There are over 60 audio/video practice dictation files in the course, which may be used for recording and reviewing.
Module 1- Laying The Foundation
As you can just read, Module 1 lays down the foundations of what you’ll be learning and the general info you need to know about transcription.
Here’s a breakdown of what is taught in Module 1:
- Process for Submitting Support Requests
- The Right Equipment for the Job
- Tools of the Trade
- GT Style
- Standard vs. Strict Verbatim
- Types of GT Jobs
- Formatting a Transcript
- Cyber Security
Module 2– Essential Skills For Excellent Transcription
In Module 2, it’s all about grammar and spelling!
Transcriptionists need to have good grammar and spelling skills because, as a transcriptionist, you absolutely cannot make mistakes. This module focuses on proper punctuation, spelling, and critical thinking skills.
The lessons taught in this module will help you review and solidify your grammar and spelling knowledge, which is crucial to success as a transcriptionist.
- Parts of Speech
- Sentences, Fragments, and Run-ons
- Punctuation Makes Perfect
- Punctuation Practice
- Spelling: The Lost Art
- Transcribing Numbers
- Miscellaneous Transcription Conventions
Module 3- Time-Saving Tools For Efficient Transcription
Transcriptionists need to be able to work quickly and efficiently. This module reveals some time-saving tools that can help you do just that.
This module will teach you how to use various software programs and resources to save time while transcribing.
These tools include:
- Using Text Expanders and Shortcut Keys
- Shortcut Keys for the Top 102 Most Frequently Used English Phrases
- Spell Check, Search & Replace, Modern Usage Notes
- Commonly Used Transcriptionist’s Notes
- Using Transcription Templates (includes downloadable templates)
- How to Download Practice Transcription Files (video tutorial)
- Time Coding
- Midterm Exam
Module 4- Introduction to Practice Dictations
You know the old saying, “Practice makes perfect?” In Module 4, you’ll practice transcription!
Module 4 examines the practical application of what you’ve learned with real-world audio and video dictations.
This is a key module as it provides you with the foundation you need to transcribe real-world files with confidence.
There are 7 study levels, starting with more accessible dictation practice files and progressing to more challenging transcription tasks as the student advances through each level of the transcription process.
- Level 1 Practice Dictations: Clear audio in simple, short videos
- Level 2 Practice Dictations: Audio-only Files; Non-American English accents
- Level 3 Practice Dictations: Transcribing “Strict Verbatim” Style
- Level 4 Practice Dictations: Transcribing Multiple Speakers
- Level 5 Practice Dictations: Semi-Poor Audio Quality & Research Skills
- Level 6 Practice Dictations: Working with Time Codes
- Level 7 Practice Dictations: Transcribing Poor Audio with Foreign Accents
Module 5- Final Exam & Certification of Completion
Students who complete this course are invited to take the final exam and receive a certification for completing the course.
A human being evaluates the end-of-course exam, and valuable feedback will be given to the student on any issues that may require further study.
You’ll be awarded a Certificate of Completion upon passing the test, and you can take the exam as many times as necessary to receive a certificate.
Module 6- Building Your Business
The final module teaches students how to start their own home-based business or assists them in finding work as a transcriber for more prominent transcription firms.
- Income Guidelines and Setting Your Rates
- How to Handle Finances and Taxes When Working as a Freelance Transcriptionist
- Developing a Business Plan
- Marketing and Advertising
- Customer Service Essentials
- Connecting with Clients Where to Find Contract Work
- Top Business Directories for Local Marketing
- How to Find Clients on YouTube
- Opportunities for Expanding Your Services
BONUS– Transcriptionist Pro Website Theme
The bonus materials give graduates their own professionally designed transcription service website template and thorough tutorials on customizing it as needed.
Transcribe Anywhere Facebook Group
Students of the Transcribe Anywhere courses get access to an exclusive Facebook group for ongoing support and networking opportunities with other transcriptionists.
The group is moderated, and graduates often find work through connections made in the group.
One of the things we like about the Facebook group is that the author of the course is a member of the group.
This gives students the chance to ask questions directly to someone who has written the course and is practicing as a transcriptionist.
The Facebook group also provides an opportunity for graduates of the program to form connections with other transcriptionists and other legal professionals worldwide, and they can work together on projects as needed.
General Legal Transcription Course Material
Transcribe Anywhere Legal Transcription Cost: $897.00
The Legal Transcription Course is a training program that uses multimedia content with online learning tools to teach students how to transcribe audio or video recordings of legal proceedings.
Some documents you would write up from audio records include court proceedings transcription, deposition file transcription, or legal correspondence.
The Transcribe Anywhere legal transcription training course is made up of 16 sections, each of which builds on the skills acquired and mastered in the previous one.
There are over 25 audio/video practice dictation files in the legal transcription course, so you get plenty of real-life practice after your training.
The Legal Transcription courses are perfect for legal professionals who know legal terminology, like a legal secretary or paralegal, and even for others who want to start a legal transcription business and work remotely.
Here is a list of the course material for the Legal Transcription course:
- Module 1– Introduction to Legal Transcription
- Module 2– Tools of the Trade (legal transcription equipment needed)
- Module 3– Essential Skills for Legal Transcription (legal terminology)
- Module 4– Microsoft Word for Legal Transcriptionists
- Module 5– Legal Correspondence & Practice Dictation
- Module 6 – The Legal Process and Court Procedure
- Module 7– Forms and Templates
- Module 8– Practice Transcription of Court Proceedings
- Module 9– Depositions
- Module 10– Law Enforcement file transcription
- Module 11– Conferences and Legal Association Meetings
- Module 12– Time Coding for Legal Transcriptionists
- Module 13– Resource List & Final Exam
- Module 14– Building Your Business
- BONUS– Transcriptionist Pro Website Theme
Pros & Cons Of Transcribe Anywhere
- The Transcribe Anywhere course is multimedia-rich general transcription training with online transcription learning tools.
- There are over 25 audio/video practice dictation files.
- Students get access to an exclusive Facebook group for lifetime support and networking opportunities.
- The author of the Transcribe Anywhere courses is a member of the Facebook group, giving students the chance to ask questions directly to someone who has written the course and is practicing as a transcriptionist.
- Both transcription courses are self-paced so that students can finish them on their own schedule.
- Lifetime access and support are given when you purchase the transcription courses.
- It is one of the only transcription courses approved by the American Association of Electronic Reporters and Transcribers.
- After taking the course, you can take an exam for transcription certification.
- The Transcribe Anywhere course can be pretty expensive compared to other online courses.
- The course materials are comprehensive, and some students may be overwhelmed.
- They do not offer a money-back guarantee when you purchase the course.
- Medical transcription training is not included in the General course.
Transcribe Anywhere FAQs
Is Transcribe Anywhere legit?
Yes, Transcribe Anywhere is a legitimate transcription course provider. It is the most comprehensive online transcription course available and is approved by the American Association of Electronic Reporters and Transcribers.
By the time you put the time and effort into finishing the Transcribe Anywhere course, you will have learned what you need to know about transcription and how to start your own home-based business or work for a larger transcription company.
The course is expensive- is it really worth the money?
The course is definitely worth the money if you are looking to start a business in transcription or scale your own transcription business.
The Transcribe Anywhere lessons are thorough, and you will have access to many helpful resources, including video tutorials and downloadable templates.
But, if owning a transcription service is not your full-time gig, you may want to consider a cheaper course or even free training on the web.
How long does the course take?
The Transcribe Anywhere course takes anywhere from 2 to 6 months to complete, depending on the time and effort you can dedicate to it.
What are the requirements for taking the course?
There are no specific requirements for taking the Transcribe Anywhere course. However, it would be beneficial if you had some basic knowledge of computers and how to type.
Can I become a transcriber without a course?
You can become a transcriber without taking a course, but it would be beneficial to take one. A course will give you the foundation you need to understand the business and how to be successful in it.
Try the free course first if you are unsure about taking the paid course. It will give you a good idea of what to expect from the paid course.
How much money can I make as a transcriber?
The amount of money you can make with your transcription services depends on a few factors, including the type of transcription you are doing, your transcription speed, quality of work, and whether you are working for a company or starting a profitable small business.
As a general rule of thumb, transcribers can make anywhere from $15 to $60 per audio hour. Of course, the more experience you have, the higher your rate. And, if you start your business, you will be able to set your own rates.
Will Transcribe Anywhere help me find a job?
While Transcribe Anywhere will not help you find a job specifically, they offer career and job guidance as part of the course.
There are sections with step-by-step tutorials on finding clients in the Transcribe Anywhere course, applying with other transcription companies, and building your website to market your business.
What is the difference between Legal and General Transcription?
The main difference between general transcription and legal transcription is the type of audio you will be transcribing.
General transcription can include anything from interviews to lectures, while legal transcription mainly focuses on court hearings and depositions.
Legal transcription is a more specialized field. It includes more specific terminology, more strict formatting requirements, and a higher level of accuracy.
It includes anything from transcribing court hearings, depositions, and other legal proceedings. Legal transcriptionists are usually paid more than general transcriptionists and require additional training.
After taking the free mini-course, you may want to know some other work-from-home options to consider that can also be a career for you.
Our favorite careers or side hustles where you can work from home include proofreading, freelance writing, blogging, and virtual assisting.
Plus, you can easily use the Steady App to find transcription jobs and other freelance work!
Proofreading is an excellent alternative to transcription, as you can do this work from anywhere, at any time. No special training is required, but it’s essential to have strong grammar and spelling skills.
You can take courses to help you learn how to start a successful proofreading business. Proofreading Anywhere has a FREE workshop that can give you an introduction to proofreading work.
Freelance writing is another option that offers flexibility and can be done from home or on the go.
You can write articles, blog posts, web content, or even books from the comfort of your own home. While you don’t need any formal training, you need to hone your writing skills, build a portfolio, and market yourself to succeed as a freelance writer.
If you’re unsure where to start, try taking a course like Earn More Writing. This course will give you the tools to get started in freelance writing.
Another great work-from-home option is blogging. Blogging allows you to monetize your passions or interests by sharing them with others in an online business.
Whether you love travel, fashion, crafts, sports, or something else entirely, you can start a blog about it. For help getting started, check out this step-by-step guide to starting a blog.
However, if you want to make money from your blog, you will need to invest in a self-hosted WordPress site with a web host like Bluehost and create killer content that drives traffic and converts into sales.
You may also want to invest in SEO programs like Surfer SEO or AI writing programs like Jasper– that way, you can take less time to write, and your text will be more relative to what readers want to know.
If you are organized, detail-oriented, and have excellent customer service skills, you may want to consider becoming a virtual assistant.
Virtual assistants (VAs) provide administrative, technical, or creative assistance to clients anywhere.
If you aren’t sure how to get started as a virtual assistant, we suggest courses like the$10K VA, which offers a FREE workshop!
Overall, if you’re serious about pursuing a career in transcription or want to expand your current business, Transcribe Anywhere is a great option.
One way to see if you want to do transcription work is by taking the free mini-course first.
Taking the free course will give you a good idea of what to expect from the paid course and whether a career or side hustle in transcription is right for you.
Besides taking an insightful course, the most important thing is to be committed and dedicated to improving your skills. With the right amount of practice and experience, you can become a successful transcriber and start making more money.