You want to start by taking one of the best virtual assistant courses, but how do you know which one is the best option?
You want to become a virtual assistant quickly and easily, but you also don’t want to spend thousands of dollars on starting your new career.
Well, we researched the top 8 virtual assistant courses to give you the full skinny- so you can learn now and make more money ASAP!
Read on to discover more about becoming a VA and which virtual assistant courses give the most bang for their buck.
Quick Picks: VA Online Courses
You can become a virtual assistant right now with no prior experience, but to stand out among others, you may want something to boost your resume.
Here are the best virtual assistant training courses you can take to learn how to become a VA:
What Are VAs?
A virtual assistant is an assistant who works remotely, usually from home. They provide administrative, technical, or creative support to clients, often on a contract basis.
Common tasks include managing calendars and email, making travel arrangements, researching, handling customer inquiries, data entry, and providing general administrative support.
How Much Virtual Assistants Make
You can find VAs for as little as $5 per hour on Fiverr, but when it comes down to it, your skills and quality of work are what clients pay for.
The only limitation on how much you earn is how much you’ve learned! Hence why you may want a great course to help you earn more.
Most VAs can expect to earn $15 – $25 per hour, but highly experienced or skilled VAs earn more online, sometimes over $30+ per hour.
Why You Need A VA Course
More skills mean you get paid more. There are many virtual assistant jobs online, but you need to have the skills and stand out as a strong candidate for jobs.
For this reason, you should consider virtual assistant training and online course.
Not sold on it? Here are more reasons you should consider taking them too:
- Learn the essential skills needed. The best virtual assistant courses will teach you the essential skills you need to be successful in the role. This includes communicating effectively with clients, managing your time, and staying organized.
- Learn about the latest tools and technologies. The right Virtual Assistant course will also allow you to learn about the latest tools and technologies used by a VA. From project management platforms to video conferencing apps, knowing which tools to use (and how to use them) is essential for any VA.
- Network with other professionals. A virtual assistant course can also help you network with other professionals in the field. This can be valuable for finding jobs and networking opportunities down the road.
- Teaches ins and outs of the business. Taking a virtual assistant course is a great way to learn the ins and outs of the virtual assistant industry.
- Put you ahead of the competition. You’ll be able to put yourself ahead of the competition and attract more clients by completing a virtual assistant course.
- You’ll be ready to start working at the end of the course. By the end of the virtual assistant training, you’ll be well-prepared to start working as a virtual assistant or to start your own virtual assistant business.
8 Best Virtual Assistant Courses
If you’re interested in learning more about what it takes to be a successful virtual assistant, check out some of the best virtual assistant training courses below.
Each one offers a unique perspective on the necessary skills and knowledge required for success in this field.
1. Savvy System
Savvy System is an online training program that teaches students how to work remotely as a Virtual Assistant.
The 14-module virtual assistant training is designed to give students the skills and knowledge they need to be a successful VA.
In addition to learning about the different tasks a Virtual Assistant can perform, Savvy System also provides guidance on setting up and managing a virtual office.
In this course, you will learn how to communicate effectively with clients and how to handle common challenges that arise when working from home in a VA job.
The Virtual Savvy can assist you in deciding what VA job to specialize in, whether you want to work for yourself in your VA business or start a virtual assistant agency, how to create packages, and pricing, establish a brand identity, and market your services to potential, paying clients.
You’ll also need to know many practical issues, like taxes, paperwork, invoicing, and finance, that you will learn in the Virtual Savvy course to prepare you for your own business or VA agency.
With its comprehensive approach, Savvy System is an invaluable resource for anyone interested in starting a career in the virtual assistant world.
Read more about it with our in-depth Savvy System Review!
If you want to get started but are worried about the price, check out the Savvy System freebies– checklist and starter kit for virtual assistants.
The Savvy System Price: $1,497 or 12 payments of $147
The Ultimate Savvy System Price: $2,997 or 12 payments of $297
- The virtual assistant course is easy to follow
- It’s a video-based course
- Templates are included with the course
- It includes job leads and opportunities
- The course is not cheap
- You do need to have some general skills to take the course
- You’ll need to dedicate some time to taking the course
2. Virtual Excellence Academy
Virtual Excellence Academy is marketed as a great beginner virtual assistant training for new VAs, but also promotes itself to VAs who have launched their business but haven’t hit their stride yet.
It offers 10 modules of learning from start to finish to kickstart your VA career, plus 4 bonuses, that end with you getting your certificate and DNK VA badges
They also have a ton of other add-ons in their new Legacy Edition, including WordPress Kit, Sales & Marketing Workshop, and more so you can learn other things to boost your freelance writing career.
And what I like best about this course? You get access to job listings that they vet for you so you know that they’re real.
They even point out that you don’t have to go through the typical rat race of freelancing and risk being asked to work for free to prove your worth!
That, to m,e is a huge step above the rest and something many freelancers value when their business launches.
Not sure you’re ready to commit to the price tag? Check out the FREE 5-day VA Challenge to give you a sneak peek into the course and learning to be a VA.
Signature Program Price: $900
Legacy Edition Price: $1300 (SALE!)
- Free lifetime access
- Additional material updates
- Lots of bonus content!
- Content is broken down into steps- it’s easy to follow and implicate into a professional career
- Job opportunities in their exclusive listing page
- Reviews show lots of success from the course
- Peer community to connect with other writers and grow as a writer
- Limited refunds- very few exceptions made
- Not always open enrollment
- Lots to navigate- we like that there’s lots of info, but there’s a lot to review, and it can be overwhelming for an online course
3. Fully Booked VA
Fully Booked VA is an excellent option for a top-quality virtual assistant training program. This all-inclusive course provides lifetime access to its content and 12 months of legitimate VA leads.
It takes about 2 months to complete the training, making it thorough and comprehensive. The course is divided into three sections: Start, Build, and Scale.
The course begins with an introduction to online virtual assistant work, including the various skillsets needed to succeed in this career.
From there, it covers topics such as time management, communication, and project management.
The course also includes several modules on specific VA tasks, such as social media marketing and email marketing.
In addition, the course offers a VA tools and resources guide, as well as a VA business startup guide.
But if you want to see what the course is like and get a feel for being a VA, check out their free training so you can be on your way to starting your own business and getting clients within 90 days!
Overall, Fully Booked VA is an excellent choice for anyone who wants to start their own VA business or become a VA for another business.
- Money-back lifetime guarantee if you follow the course for 90 days
- Access to job leads
- Course support is available
- Also has niche-specific training
- The cost of the course is high.
- It is more text-specific instead of video-specific
- The 12-month job leads start when you initially sign up for the course
4. Work From Home as a Virtual Assistant
Being a virtual assistant is a great way to work from home and the Udemy course “Work From Home as a Virtual Assistant” is a great way to learn the skills you need to succeed.
You’ll get access to three hours of video, mobile, and TV learning, one-hour audio lectures, and 18 downloadable materials. You’ll receive a certificate at the end of the course.
The course covers:
- Deciding whether being a virtual assistant is for you
- What to do before you open your virtual assistant business
- Setting your business policies for success
- Learning what you need to do to set your virtual assistant rates
- How to prepare your virtual assistant business for launch
- Creating the processes you need to run your day-to-day business from home
Tina Marie Hilton teaches and updates the course regularly to ensure you get the most up-to-date information.
Enrolling in the course is a great way to start your journey toward becoming a successful virtual assistant.
- There’s a 30-day money-back guarantee
- Can access the course on mobile and also on TV
- It’s a short course that takes about 3 hours to complete
- Cheapest of all the courses
- Lifetime access to the Udemy course
- Doesn’t offer as many modules as the other courses
- Only offers 5 downloadable resources
- Is considered a starter course
5. 90-Day VA
The 90-Day VA Course is the best virtual assistant course for those new to the VA world who want to get started quickly.
Anyone interested in obtaining access to many virtual assistant job listings curated by Esther’s team will benefit from this course.
This is one of the most important aspects of the course in my opinion since it means that students can find their first clients faster than they would on their own.
Even if you have all the VA skills you’ll ever need, gaining access to these unique positions may be well worth the price of the course.
To take the course, you don’t need any prior virtual assistant knowledge or skills. You will need a laptop or computer, a good internet connection, and a desire to learn.
There are 11-section courses that teach you how to work online for yourself as a virtual assistant.
You’ll also get a lifetime of updates when you purchase the course. Bonuses are also offered with the course!
Here’s what you’ll learn!
- Working effectively with others
- Content marketing and content repurposing
- Blogging and copywriting for business
- The ins and outs of all the popular social media platforms
- Managing a podcast
- Editing videos for your client’s YouTube channels and other platforms
- Using popular email tools for newsletters, campaigns, and broadcasts for clients
- Learning website management
- How to manage projects and stay organized
You’ll master all the basics you need to get your first paying clients and start generating money online as a virtual assistant at the end of this course!
Price: $797 or $147 for 6 months
- A private Facebook group
- Offers teaching in many different virtual assistant skills
- There’s a Free Virtual Assistant Course available
- Lifetime access to the resources in the course
- Doesn’t offer niche areas for VAs
6. The VA Handbook
The VA Handbook is a course designed to help beginners take their business to the next level.
The course provides tips on how to manage a VA business, how to find and work with clients, and how to create a successful marketing strategy.
It is an essential resource for anyone who wants to start or grow their VA business.
The course contains valuable information and advice to start and run a successful Virtual Assistant business. It is an invaluable tool for anyone who wants to build a successful business.
The VA Handbook also provides lifetime access to the VAI membership club.
In this community, you’ll discover job advertisements, Q&A sessions, a buddy-up program, a book club, local meetups, and weekly feedback from Joanne Munro.
What you will learn:
- How to choose the services you will offer
- Managing your productivity
- Choosing a niche for yourself
- Marketing yourself and landing clients
- Using LinkedIn for client opportunities
- Creating your brand and also your website
- How to set your prices
- Taking care of the legal side of your business
Price: 649£ (around $810) or 300£ (around $375) for 2 months
- Lifetime access
- Valuable bonuses are included
- Doesn’t offer new skills training but builds on the skills you already have
7. Social Media Management: The Complete Manager’s Bootcamp
Social Media Management: The Complete Manager’s Bootcamp is a virtual assistant training program to show you how to become a Social Media virtual assistant.
When you join this course, you get access to an eight-hour video, two essays, 11 resources, and assignments.
This course also includes a certificate that can be earned on television or mobile devices.
This course will help you get an in-depth understanding of business, social media management, marketing methods, how to establish social media objectives, and, most importantly, how to complete them.
By the time you are finished with the course, you will be able to create your own freelance business, set up a website, establish your rates, find customers, and set up each client with their own social media objectives, terms of payment, and contract.
You’ll also recognize which social media platforms are ideal for each client and their social media objectives.
Some other things the course will teach you are:
- Create and manage outstanding content that produces results effectively
- Create blog articles, pictures, and videos
- Make monthly reports available to clients that show them exactly how you’re accomplishing their social media objectives
- Focuses on one niche
- Cost of the course is low
- 30-day money-back guarantee
- May be limited to the social media platforms covered
8. Pinterest VA
Are you invested in your Pinterest boards and checking out the latest trends frequently?
Well, you can become a virtual assistant specifically for Pinterest!
Pinterest VA is the most popular course sweeping the nation, with multiple offerings for VA courses.
They have 3 tiers:
- Become A Pinterest VA Today!($999)
- Pinterest Manager Academy ($1,999)
- Pinterest Expert Business Academy ($3,999)
The first tier is great for beginners to get detailed steps on starting a VA business- it’s very detailed virtual assistant training, which can make it worth the price.
Check out their free Pinterest VA training video and see if this could be your next high-paying career!
Price: $999 – $3,999
- A large number of happy students (over 5,000 students so far!)
- Updated frequently
- In-depth, comprehensive courses
- Many templates and workbooks
- Higher-tiered courses can be more expensive
- The lowest tier has no Facebook group/community access, so you can’t ask questions or connect with other virtual assistants
- Confusing refund system, may mean you don’t get a refund
Services to Offer as a VA
You probably have many high-income skills that you could offer as a high-paid VA.
You need general office skills as well as the flexibility to work as a VA from home, but here are some of the most common jobs you may find as a VA:
- Bookkeeping: Bookkeeper Launch has a free workshop that will show you how to start a profitable online bookkeeping business.
- Proofreading: Proofread Anywhere offers a free workshop to help you learn how to be a proofreader and also start your freelance proofreading business.
- Writing: The Freelance Write From Home eBook can show you how to get your profitable freelance writing business started.
- SEO (search engine optimization): Surfer SEO can help you write and optimize your content faster than ever!
- Transcription: The free mini-course by Transcribe Anywhere can help you jumpstart your transcription business.
- Copywriting: Use Jasper AI to help you with your copywriting projects. Jasper AI has templates to help you write Facebook Ads, YouTube scripts, Google Ads, and Amazon Product Descriptions.
Obtaining VA Jobs
When you create an online business like VA work, you open many doors for finding clients. Rather than working for one company, you can work for multiple clients and work your own schedule.
But first, you need to find some clients!
Here are some options for obtaining VA jobs:
Sign up on job boards. Virtual assistant jobs can be found on job boards like FlexJobs, but the best way to get started is to reach out to businesses or individuals directly.
Create a profile on freelancer platforms. Sign up for freelancer platforms like Upwork or Fiverr. Be sure to include information about your skills and experience, as well as any testimonials from past clients.
Use phone apps to help you find side hustle opportunities. Use the Steady app to connect to side hustle possibilities that match your financial budget, passions, and timetable.
Tips For Finding A Virtual Assistant Job
If you’re interested in finding a virtual assistant job, here are a few tips to help you get started:
Identify your market. First, you need to identify who your clients are. What businesses or individuals are you best suited to help?
Start your social media presence. Platforms like LinkedIn, Twitter, and Facebook are great places to start. This is a great way to find new leads and learn about job openings.
Let people in our area know you are available. Reach out to businesses or individuals in your market and let them know you’re available to help.
Attend industry events or webinars. This is a great way to network with other professionals in your field and learn about new opportunities.
Join forums and groups. There are many forums and groups dedicated to virtual assistants where you can ask questions, get advice, and find new opportunities.
Apply directly to companies. You can contact companies directly and inquire about any open virtual assistant positions.
With a little effort, you can build up a steady clientele and start enjoying the financial and lifestyle benefits of being your own boss.
Do I have to take a paid virtual assistant training program to be a VA?
No, you don’t have to take a paid virtual assistant training course to have a virtual assistant career.
You can take your experience and start working as a VA, but a course will help you figure out how to set up a successful VA business.
Taking a course whether it is a paid or free virtual assistant training course can give you a leg up on the competition when you’re trying to find .
Free virtual assistant training can help you get started in your business.
Most of the training programs we mention offer free virtual assistant training to see if their courses suit you and give you a little info on being a VA.
What are the best virtual assistant courses?
Out of the 8 virtual assistant training courses we listed, we think 2 really stand out from the competition:
Each one of the best virtual assistant training programs offers a different focus, so be sure to choose the one that best suits your needs.
You should also check out the free workshops to get a feel for what the course is like. It’s a great preview of what you’ll learn and what the pace is like.
Is a Virtual Assistant certification needed to start a VA business?
No, certification is not needed to become a VA or start a VA business.
You also don’t need a degree to become a VA. VA foundations course training enhances your skills.
What are the benefits of becoming a VA?
The most significant benefit is earning an income without having to leave the comfort of your home. You also have the freedom to set your own hours and work from home around your schedule.
Another benefit is picking and choosing who you work for as a VA. You can hand-select clients you want to work with and projects that interest you.
What are some of the challenges of being a VA?
The biggest challenge is finding clients and building up a steady clientele. You will also need to be very organized and manage your time efficiently.
Another challenge is staying motivated when working from home. It can be easy to get distracted when there are no set working hours or a boss to report to.
One of the best ways to stay motivated is by setting goals and deadlines for yourself. You can also join a community of other virtual assistants to stay connected and inspired.
What types of virtual assistants are there?
There are many different types of VAs, here are just a few of the most popular jobs for VAs right now:
Social Media Managers: A social media manager is responsible for creating and managing a company’s social media accounts. This includes posting content, interacting with followers, and running ads.
Online Store Manager: An online store manager manages an online store, including products, orders, customers, and shipping.
Content Writers: A content writer is responsible for creating written content for a company’s website or blog. This can include articles, product descriptions, and eBooks.
Pinterest Virtual Assistant: A Pinterest VA is responsible for creating and managing a company’s Pinterest account. This includes posting pins, creating boards, and running ads.
How do I pick the best course for me?
With so many virtual assistant training courses on SkillShare, Udemy, and all over the internet, it can be difficult to decide which one is right for you. Here are a few things to consider when making your decision:
What are your goals? Are you looking to gain new skills, change careers, or advance in your current field? You want to pick the course with skills you want to learn or for whatever field you want to join.
What is your schedule like? You have to consider if you’re looking for a full-time career, working 30+ hours a week, or a side hustle where you work whenever you can.
What is your budget? Courses can vary widely in cost, so it’s essential to find one that fits within your budget. But just know that a smaller course cost can mean less quality for whatever it is.
By taking the time to answer these questions, you’ll be able to narrow down your options and choose the course that’s right for you.
If you’re looking for a way to work from home and make money, becoming a virtual assistant is a great side hustle option.
It’s a great option for stay-at-home parents, retirees, or anyone who wants to earn money without having to commute.
And no, you don’t need a degree or certification to be a VA, but we can tell you that virtual assistant training can help you earn more money and develop your skills fully.
The best virtual assistant courses will teach you how to find clients and create content that produces results.
And while there are many different virtual assistant courses online available, we believe the ones listed above are the best to check out.
Enjoy the learning process, and best of luck in your career as a virtual assistant!